Beach Project 2018/2019
October 22, 2018
Dear Beach Patrollers,
Don’t forget to sign up for your Beach patrol over the festive season!
Beach project runs from the 14th December 2018 until the 13 January 2019.
At the moment we have secured the following:
1. Law Enforcement (LE) Caravan placed on the Mariners Warf side of the beach
2. Fidelity ADT Trailer / Caravan at the Chappies side of the beach (opposite toilets) with Fidelity ADT guard for the season (awaiting confirmation)
3. Councillor Roberto Quintas has promised LE quad bikes during season
4. Deep Blue have agreed to be our HQ for Beach Patrollers (radio charging and signing in/out)
5. Mike Rigg Registered Dog Handler (DH4) (has agreed to assist with K9 Patrols)
6. Official stand/table for tagging of children
7. Dunes have sponsored patrollers a refreshment while on patrol
Your eyes and ears on our beach are a critical and essential part of our overall safety and security activities in Hout Bay.
We need members to commit to a patrol for one or two shifts on the beach. Each shift is 2 hours and members can patrol with their husband/wife or a partner can be allocated to them.
Please sign in on the below link:
Alternatively, members can drop me an email with their details and preferred times and dates that they are able to patrol and I will add them directly to the roster.
If you would like to donate a voucher / gift to our patrollers, or join in on the fun and become a beach patroller, kindly contact me at email@example.com or on my cell 061 913 7151.
Looking forward to another successful safety project.