Proposed for the 2020/21 financial year
The proposed tariffs align with projected sets of consumption levels.
1.1 PROPERTY RATES
- Level 1 = 4% increase
- Level 1 = 4.5% increase (including the fixed basic charge) (The proposed increases for the no restriction and emergency levels are also 4.5%)
- Level 2 & 3 = 6.5% increase
- Level 1 = 4.5% increase (The proposed increases for the no restriction and emergency levels are also 4.5%.
- Level 2 & 3 = 6.5% and 8% increase respectively.
- Based on an average 4.83% increase.
2.4. SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT
- Collections = 3.5% increase
- Disposal = 5% increase
*Recommended for implementation from 1 July 2020
The City of Cape Town would like to hear your inputs on the 2020/21 Budget.
Let’s talk and tackle our challenges and opportunities together.
This year, the Draft Budget will undergo public participation, but no face-to-face public meetings will be held.
The Draft Budget and particulars will be communicated online, via phone, through media releases, video, among others. Public comment will still be garnered through email and communication by councillors within their wards.
To view the Draft Budget please visit :
To Have Your Say
Forward comments to: Budget.Comments@capetown.gov.za or to Your Ward Councillor by 2 May 2020.
For information on how to apply for indigent relief please
Remember “Social Distancing”
Let’s keep our distance, in the interest of our country.