In response to our President’s call for a nationwide lockdown, Neighbourhood Watches may not patrol at all during this time.
What does lockdown mean ?
From Ward Councillor Roberto Quintas
There is so much misinformation and there are some very pertinent ongoing questions that seem to be repeated.
Stay at home unless:
- You’re buying food from a grocery retailer
- You’re buying pet food from pet shops
- You’re going to the pharmacy
- You’re going to a hospital or clinic
- You’re going to a police station
- You’re going to the vet
That’s about it.
- No jogging, no walks, no dog walks.
- If it’s work related, you can go to work if you’re designated essential services.
- medical, safety and security services and businesses
- public representatives from all three spheres of government
- Government services (National, Provincial and local): sanitation, disaster management, water and refuse
- or if you work in the food retail, food manufacturing
- and medical fields.
If you run an animal shelter, or a nursery etc: you need your papers (ownership, letterheads) in order, and can go in only to clean cages, feed and water.
If you’re a plumber: you can only go out on an emergency call (burst geyser, water pipes or blocked toilets).
If you’re an electrician: emergency house calls only.
Plumbers and Electricians to have credentials with them.
If you are not in any of the above mentioned designated groups, it’s simple... stay at home.